INVITATION TO WEBINAR
The results of evaluation entitled: “Adapting for Change: Country Strategy Approach in Fragile Contexts”
will be presented in a webinar on Thursday, 07 May 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
This evaluation, conducted from March 2019 to February 2020, asked three main questions:
- To what extent has the Country Strategy approach promoted Finnish and partner country policy objectives and guided Finland’s cooperation in fragile contexts?
- To what extent does the Country Strategy approach support policy coherence?
- How can the Country Strategy approach be further developed for use in fragile situations?
The study drew evidence from the experience of Country Strategies in Afghanistan, Myanmar, the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Somalia, and Syria/Iraq, as well as from across MFA corporate systems. Its findings will be presented in a webinar on Thursday 7th of May 2020 at 10:00 – 12:00 (Helsinki time, UTC +3 EEST, Eastern European Summer Time) by the Evaluation Team.
Also present will be:
- Representatives of MFA, to comment on and respond to the findings of the evaluation, and Finland’s work in fragile situations, and;
- Representatives of g7+ (http://g7plus.org ) - a voluntary association of countries that are or have been affected by conflict and are now in transition to the next stage of development, to brief the participants on how the fragile states themselves see the role of their bilateral and multilateral partners and what are the related possibilities, best practices, and challenges.
The draft program is attached for your information. Please, feel free to distribute this invitation to any colleagues and partners you think could find the subject interesting.
Please use the link provided below and register by 27 April 2020 in order to receive instructions on joining the webinar.